2012 Goals and Plan1. Pay Down Credit Card to $300.00 by 12/31/2012
As of 7/17/2012, cc #1 is $112.42 and cc #2 is $1625.91. I recently applied for a much lower rate card (5% less). I will continue to keep both cards open and pay down the debt aggressively.
2. Bring car savings account up to $2000.00 by 12/31/2012
As of 9/15/2012, this account is $1006.85. I deposit all extra money, such as survey checks, rebates, money from cash4books.net, and spare change from my wallet monthly into this account. My goal is to have enough to buy a car with cash when I need to replace the current car.
3. Complete some minor, and major, maintenance on the house. See the Home Maintenance Challenge list for details on this.
4. Increase house savings account. As of 9/15/2012, it is $113.04. I spent some out of this account for maintenance on the house, so it is down, but I will get it back up again.
5. Reduce unnecessary spending.
- Think about purchases carefully. Do I need this? How will I use it? What will I wear it with? Do I really need to go out to eat? Can I get it free or borrow it?
- Install more LED bulbs. Do other, low-cost things to increase energy efficiency in the house to get level payment plan amount on electricity down, way down.
- Give up sodas for health and better finances. Drink green tea, water, and homemade juices instead. Make your own iced tea even at work. Your body and check book will thank you.
- Take lunch to work almost every day, but splurge on payday.
- We had to buy a new dishwasher to replace one that was about to die. It has an energy efficiency setting, which we use every time. We are also only running about 1 time a day unless there is a need for otherwise.
- Buying an oak tree on 9-28-2012 and having it delivered and planted. This tree will create significant shade on the west side of our house.