I have updated all of my financials on the left margin. The new account marked trees is for buying at least one oak tree next March. Buying the one we were going to earlier this month did not work because of some kind of a mix-up. We are determined to buy at least one burr oak tree next spring, though. We want to buy one about 6 feet or so tall. I think they come in large buckets of a couple of gallons or something. We are planning on around $200 plus delivery and planting, so around $250.00. When it is planted on the west side of the house, the gas and electric bills should decrease, especially electric since that is the hot side of the house in summer.
Archive for October, 2012
This past week has not been so good. We had forgotten that our car tags/taxes payment is due by the end of September, but we never even received a bill from the county for it so we forgot about it. We did get it paid on Monday, though, and surprisingly, with no late fee. I have put a reminder on my calendar for this in the future, because it is our responsibility to remember. The amount we had to pay was only $66.63, but the checking account was already thin so that did not do it any favors. My chin is still up. The turkeys will not get me down.
I am using a mostly use-it-up approach on meals this week.
1) leftover white chili - 1 meal for me http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-white-chili-with-chicken/...
2) leftover mac & cheese - 1 meal for dh
3) Sweet and Sour Slaw - 1 meal for dh and I http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-and-sour-coleslaw/detail.... - I added chicken for some protein.
4) Kale with beef salad - 1 meal for dh and I
5) Stir fry with roast beef, frozen veggies, and brown rice - 1 lunch meal for me (already had the roast beef, frozen veggies, and brown rice)
6) Oatmeal with steva, almond milk, cinnamon, and ginger - 4 meals for dh and I - (already had oatmeal, stevia, almond milk, cinnamon, and ginger)
7) Eggs and Ham. Side of grapefruit. 3 meals for dh and I
8) Quinoa Tabbouleh With Chicken - 3 lunch meals for me
9) Green Salad with turnip greens, chicken, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, carrots, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil - 1 meal for dh and I (already had turnip greens, sunflower seeds, carrots, and apple cider vinegar)
10) Caron's Kickin' Quinoa Salad - 1 meal for dh and I http://allrecipes.com/recipe/carons-kickin-quinoa-salad/deta...
11) Waldorf Salad - 1 meal for dh and I http://allrecipes.com/personalrecipe/63366494/waldorf-salad-... - I tweaked the traditional recipe for Waldorf salad to add flavor and be more filling. Delicious. Even dh liked it.
12) Green Salad With Chicken and Pecans - 1 meal for dh and I
13) mac & cheese - 4 meals for dh
14) tuna sandwiches - 3 meals for dh