Woo-Hoo! Things are Definitely Looking Up!August 28th, 2011 at 07:37 pm
Well, I finally got my salary letter with what my salary will be for this fiscal year. After doing the math, I realized I have about a 6.59% raise, way better than I was expecting!
Also, because the raise was supposed to begin with the first July paycheck, I got a catchup paycheck that included my extra pay for July and August. I made a list of what I wanted to do with it. It included:
1) Buying a copy of the book Traditional Thai Yoga. $4.98 with shipping -
2) depositing $50 into the car savings account - DONE
3) making an extra $20 payment to the credit card - DONE
4) making an extra $20 payment to the mortgage - WILL BE DONE SEPT 1
5) buying chair cushions at Home Depot for the chair my husband sits in - ~ $30 - DONE
6) replacing our defunct wireless router at Best Buy - ~$59 - DONE
7) buying a few replacement clothing items for the hubby and I - ~ $20 DONE - I found a great thrift store over the weekend, so I will be doing more of this on Saturday.
8) $40 out of any paycheck gets automatically deposited to my regular savings, so that account increased also - DONE
9) my retirement account went up a little too, but I don't know how much - DONE
10) buy some needed health supplements - ~$40.00 - DONE
Unfortunately, the rest got absorbed into the grocery budget and other stuff, but I got some great stuff accomplished.
Also, I have made my lunches to take to work and suppers for the week. Here they are:
1) Stir Fry with chicken, green peppers, canned tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, leftover frozen veggies, Chinese hot chili sauce, and rice. 4 meals
2) Tuna Salad sandwich on gluten free bread, cucumbers, carrots, apples, and filtered water from home. 3 meals
3) Almond butter sandwich on gluten free bread, cucumbers, sliced tomato, apples, and filtered water from home 2 meals
4) Gluten free lunchmeat on gluten free bread, cucumbers, carrots, peaches, and filtered water from water. 4 meals