My "About Me" section of my blog is not visible. When I log in and go to the Control Panel, I can see it, though. Weird...
Archive for December, 2012
Hello, everyone. I got paid again today. My mortgage is down, but I have not updated my numbers on the left margin yet.
But I have made my food challenge menu plan for the coming week.
1) Mediterranean Kale Salad - 2 meals -
2) Vegetarian Chili - 3 to 4 meals - no real recipe here, just Williams chili seasoning, onion, 1 can of tomato sauce, garlic, 2 cans of tomatoes, and 6 cans of beans.
3) Pea Soup - 4 meals - http://www.forksoverknives.com/wp-content/uploads/Split-Pea-...
4) Chickpea Salad - 2 meals - Mine will be minus the bread. I will eat it with celery or carrots. http://www.thekitchn.com/vegetarian-lunch-chickpea-of-t-1140...
5) Creamy Avocado Tuna Salad - 2 meals - http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/creamy-avocado-tuna-salad-...
6) Oatmeal. Side of ham. Grapefruit. - 4 meals
7) Scrambled eggs. Side of ham. Oatmeal. - 3 meals
Howdy, everyone. I had to make an out of town trip. I allocated money for the gas and other expenses for it, but it was not enough. After I got done with my grocery shopping today, I have $13.02 in checking and $6.00 and some change in cash.
I knew before I even went shopping that it might be a little tight, so with that in mind, I checked the cupboards (including my stock-up area) to figure out what my meals would be. The hubby is still on his diet and eating different food, so I only have to cook for me. Yeah! Here are my meals.
1) Leftover Beef and Bean Soup. 1 meal (today)
2) Chicken and Wild Rice Soup.
3) Basic Ham and Bean Soup
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/basic-ham-and-bean-soup/detail..... I already had the beans and spices. I just had to get more ham, carrots, and celery. The recipe says it makes 8 to 10 servings, which is good for me.
4) Caron's Kickin' Quinoa Salad
I already had the quinoa, lemon juice, and spices. I bought more tuna and celery. This recipe is very versatile. If you are out of celery, just use something else crunchy, like radishes or carrots and it gives it a different flavor. I will probably have this for 1 meal.
5) Mediterranean Kale Salad
I already had the olive oil, spices, herbs, and black olives. I bought more tuna and tomato. I decided to leave the pepper off this time. This will probably make 2 meals for me.
6) Eggs and Ham
I will probably have eggs and ham and a side of oatmeal for 3 meals.
7) Oatmeal, Grapefruit, and Side of Ham.
I will probably have this for 4 meals.
I should add that I did all of my grocery shopping today. I don't need any cat food or other supplies. With the exception of buying iced tea or something like that, I don't need to buy anything else this week until Thursday. I will have my chiropractor appointment then.