Hi, everyone. With all of the problems with this site, is it time to use our alternate site? I think having communication with all of you is key to my success in paying off debt and saving money, so I would be sad if it were to end.
Archive for January, 2020
Well, it's another payday here for me. Whee!!
So, I have already paid all bills due. I have deposited money into savings. I have allocated for the mortgage and car insurance.
I also allocated $100.00 for the upcoming car maintenance to be done early next month. That is part of my UFM Challenge, figuring out how to pay for it without going into debt to do it.
I know I have some pocket change leftover. I am going to use that to pay for part of the grocery bill and make an equal deposit to the UFM Challenge.
I don't know about you, but it is a struggle to maintain ourselves and our stuff. Going into huge debt would be easier on the front end, but I know from being there that the other side is not easy. As they say, "onward and upward!"
And speaking of stuff, I think I will try to declutter my house by getting rid of some stuff I don't need anymore this weekend. What are your plans this weekend?
Since starting my UFM on January 3rd, I have made considerable progress on my UFM goals.
1. Car maintenance - ca. $400 - I have not decided on the plan for this yet, but it will probably be a combination of setting some money aside and using the credit card
2. Road Trip #1 - have some money set aside, but need about $200 more, probably
3. Road Trip #2 - have some money already set aside, but need about $1100 more
4. AAA membership - paid in full tomorrow, 1/10, with funds set aside in a sinking fun plus $39 from checking
More good news. A few days ago, I bought a scratcher lottery ticket for $1.00 or $2.00. Today, I found out I won $10.00. So, I am adding $10.00 to the UFM total.
Hi, everyone. I have a number of current things and things happening in the future that will require money. I don't want to go into credit card debt to pay for it all, so I am doing a UFM, or maybe UF several months. LOL
I am going to limit my purchases for the next few months to essential purchases. Specifically, I am going to cease trips to convenience stores for the time being and make my own tea with my tea bags. I will also use pocket change to help pay for my grocery purchases. I will set aside equal amounts of money as well as money saved from coupons and saved towards the needed purchases. Here are the expenses I have coming up.
1. Car maintenance - ca. $400 - this is a guesstimate on cost. I will have to contact the shop to get a better estimate. Target Date: 2/15?
2. Road Trip #1 - have some money already set aside, but need about $500 more. Target Date: 4/30
3. Road Trip #2 - have some money already set aside, but need about $1200 more. Target Date: 5/31
4. AAA membership - have some money already set aside for this annual expense, but need $39 more. Target date 1/24
It's time to get to work and find $2139.00.
Update to the above: I just got a rebate from mrrebates for $10.80. This is going towards the total. Woo-Hoo!