1) I have kept emergency savings well over target figure for nearly a year. Woo-Hoo!
2) I have dutifully contributed to savings every payday.
3) I am close to having enough to buy a good used car.
4) I have saved money with coupons and grocery store sales, enabling me to put more into savings and pay more to credit cards.
5) The mortgage is significantly reduced.
6) I have been able to eat good, organic food for much of the year through growing some and buying some. This enables me to stay healthier.
7) I paid cash to replace a dishwasher this year. Update: I forgot that I also replaced a tv and computer monitor with cash this year.
8) I have been recommended for promotion. If that goes through, I will get a significant bump in pay.
9) I paid cash to attend a work related conference and make a presentation. I received a $100.00 award for my presentation. (WooHoo!!!) I was also reimbursed in full for my costs in the trip. I deposited my "loot" into my professional savings account for my next trip.
1) I was not able to buy a good used car to replaced my current car this year. Good used cars under 100K miles that are affordable are hard to find. I think this will be resolved when I have added more funds from the next 4 paychecks and get my tax refund.
2018 Financial Wins and Fails